Last week Netball NSW provided an update where they stated that they were planning for seasons to start on 18 July 2020 pending further government advice. As a result, the Charlestown Netball Association Executive have put together the planned 2020 season based on this advice. As governments have stated that social distancing will still be in place until there is a vaccine, we have assumed that there can only be games on every second court to allow for space. Other practical distancing measures for game days have been discussed and will be implemented pending further advice closer to 18 July.
Our planned competition takes into account that we want to play as much netball as possible without impacting summer sports and State Titles (planned for Oct). We have also allowed for each team to play each other twice (minimum) and as usual this means some grades play more games than others. Also, we need to change the format of our finals and condense them to 2 weeks.
19/9 – Preliminary Finals (2nd vs 3rd)
26/9 – Grand Finals (1st v winner of preliminary final)
Please note the following:
- Intermediate White will play 12 games (each opponent 4 times, 3 Monday nights)
- Junior Blue, Intermediate Blue, Cadet Blue, Cadet Red, Opens and Youth will play 10 games (each opponent twice, 1 Monday night)
- 10s, Junior Red, Intermediate Red, Senior B and Senior C will play 14 games (each opponent twice, 5 Monday nights)
- Timeslots on Saturdays will be 8.45am, 10am, 11.30am, 1pm, and 2.30pm. To accommodate the number of games at 10am, ALL Net Set Go will be played at 8.45am, with Net Set Go Red playing full rules at this time and all games will be 15min quarters
- Timeslots on Monday nights will be 6.30pm and 7.45pm and most divisions will alternate timeslots. Net Set Go will NOT play Mondays
Netball NSW is going to provide another update before 1st June and we will confirm any changes as close to this date as possible.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us via the Contact Us section on this website